Anyway, having pointed out the decline and fall of Your Views from its pinnacle as a forum for rabid ranting to a nadir of complaining about supermarkets, it's good to see some issues of import being dealt with again. I was delighted to have this topic brought to my attention: "Should Iran be allowed to continue with its nuclear programme?" Well, what is it to be, Herald readers? Yes or no? Nutters on both sides can lock horns over the question with a ferocity that can only come from not having any idea about the issue at hand. Anyway, quick, get on there and have your say before Ban Ki Moon turns up and tallies the votes.
AGW Sceptic (Greenlane): As long as Iran has terrorist connections then they should not be allowed nuclear capabilities, especially if they lie about what they do have.Other differences between Nazi Germany and modern Iran:
Honestly, it's like allowing Hitler to rearm prior to World War 2 against the international regulations of the time. I think the difference here is that the crackpot running Iran is intentionally trying to provoke an attack (by Israel especially) on Iran so he can play the victim card, unite with the other looney tunes (UN included), and make the big push for Israel's destruction.
- Iran didn't start the costliest war in world history twenty years ago.
- You can't generate civilian power with tanks and battleships.
- Not that fond of Jews.
- Your Views contributors cannot locate them on a map.
They'll probably pass the plans around the table at the next big World Muslim Meeting. He (I assume) continues:
Telsh@r (United States of America): When bombs are developed the plans will be spread around. This won't lead to WW3 because there is no nation to fight. If Islam doesn't want to do anything to prevent it then there vicitms must. Iran needs to either accept exclusive use of thorium or stop. Letting Iran develop a nuke is like giving a pyromaniac a blow torch. It leads to trouble.
0. Iran weaponizes.How to become enslaved in five easy steps (or six if you count Step "0"). This kind of person used to have to shout things on street corners to get an audience; God bless the internet.
1. Saudi Arabia will follow. (they hate/fear Iran)
2. Saudi Arabians are heavily involved with terrorism around the globe. (at least 17 9/11 hijakers were Saudi Arabian)
3. Weapons will be disseminated around the globe through Sunni radicalist Jihad.
4. NZ and other countries give into extortion from radicalists to not be nuked.
5. NZ and other countries choose slavery later after skipping sacrafice now.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on Your Views...
Does firing too many staff makes the Herald ignore spelling? So many great things about this one: the typo in the headline; classic Herald science 'reporting'* with the claim that the study says "letting your children eat sweets could turn them into serial killers"; and the overall idea that, whatever this scientific study says, the truth will be determined on Your Views with the anecdotes of crazy people.
It's all fun and games until someone loses their mind.
JAFA and proud (Mt Wellington): They spend a lot of money doing supposed valuable research on stupid topics and they come up with the most ridiculous conclusions.
What a waste of resources!
Next, they're going to say if you like a certain colour, you're a murderer.
*Albeit apparently stolen in this case from a rubbish Independent piece.