Monday, September 14, 2009

Now, where was I?

How am I supposed to compete with this?


Lacking the connections in the publishing industry to bring you such an exclusive, my incentive for people to read the blog this week will be: actually writing things.

Sidenote: The symbol from the cover of the Lost Symbol looks a lot like a masonic symbol to me. Have the masons somehow lost it? (Hint: There it is, in that skull.) Or is that just the replacement for the one they lost? No wonder he's sold so many books.

6 comments:

  1. It gets better, they're publishing the second chapter tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I wondered where you'd gone. I thought maybe "They" had got to you.

    Another Dan Brown novel. Joy. What is the Church being blamed for this time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also quite curious about the exclusivity of this - surely Dan Brown hasn't only offered it to the little old NZ Herald in the whole world of media?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Guardian is offering both chapters on Sunday; probably sent it out to every newspaper in the world in a cheap bid for publicity (question: who paid whom?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard M. "It was my idea in the first place" NixonSeptember 14, 2009 at 1:43 PM

    Props on your work in Craccum this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read the second instalment. Had a good solid cringe at the reference to 'the moko scars of the modern Maori'... Is this the character's pathological thinking or Dan Brown's authorial Voice of God? With writing so crap, it's hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete